Zomtober – Doomtrain

So this week’s entry in Zomtober is Doomtrain, a Zombie Superhero with a steam punk vibe.

PA121171

The model is great, lots of sharp edges and ridges that really suits my style. I decided to go with an otherworldly blue green effect on the armour. I intended to wash it back to a darker tone but in the end I decided I liked it this way.

PA121174

I focused a little more on the skin this time, wanting to create the pinkish tone that can be seen in the concept art for this mini. I decided to avoid gore as I like the clean lines that this mini has and didn't want to blur them with too much red.

PA121176

The lower legs of the mini are separate to the rest of the body which gives you a lot of choice when position the model. I went for a running/reaching pose. Overall I’m very happy with the paintjob. The skin turned out great. I’m also very happy with the smoke stacks and the furnace grill on the back of the model.

I’m not sure if I’ll be able to keep up the pace and finish another mini this week but I’m going to try my best. I hope you guys like him and make sure to check out everyone else’s entries!

Zomtober 2015 blog roll:

  1. Brummie's Wargaming Blog - Simon

  2. Four Colour Super Minis - Rob

  3. Fantorical - Blaxkleric

  4. Fiends in Waistcoats - Robert Audin

  5. Mike's Random Wargaming Meanderings - Mike C

  6. Minis by Finch - Finch

  7. Chris' Miniature Woes - Chris Hird

  8. Metal Skirmish - PMMDJ

  9. 28mm Victorian Warfare - Michael Awdry

  10. Never Mind The Jankers! - Roy Williamson

  11. Cheaphammer!!! - Kieron

  12. Rantings from under the Wargames table - Dick Garrison

  13. Eclectic Gentleman Tabletop Gamer – Leon

  14. Deviant Designs Deeds - Ant Master

  15. The Rusty Dagger - Pierce

  16. Game Mayhem - Nobody667

  17. League of Extraordinary Gamers - LXG crew

  18. Sean's Wargames Corner - Sean

Until next time, have fun painting.

The Duke

Comments

  1. He looks great Chris -very well done sir! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leon, I was very happy with the finished mini!

      Delete
  2. Nicely done, Chris. The skin looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ta Finch. I don't always get a chance to concentrate on skin as its often just hands and face. The upcoming Soul Golem though... plenty of skin on that beast!

      Delete
  3. Another smashing mini Chris, I really do like your choices for Zomtober. Looking forward to the next one.

    Cheers Roger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roger. It's been nice to have a challenge to get me painting again. Only 161 to go, at four a month that'll only take three and a half years!

      Delete
  4. That is certainly a different type of zombie, and all the more cool for being so. I have to agree with the others and say that the painting is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roy, I always try to be different :)

      Delete
  5. Sweet job one of the few PC figs I have to do. I must return to my Heavy Metal team and get some paint on them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a great model, you definitely should get some paint on your supremes!

      Delete
  6. I seem to have missed this! Lovely job dude!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment